Junior/Mid-level Frontend Web Developer
We are looking for a talented Web Developer to build amazing user experiences and web applications.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for detail (a cliché but still), a solid understanding of how the web works and what it entails to build something that runs over the HTTP protocol.
If three or more of these statements apply to you (without any order of significance) we cannot wait to hear from you:
- You can 'speak' HTML/CSS better than you speak your mother tonque!
- You understand what jQuery is, and you have at least tried once to
build a plugin for it (without just blindly copying a snippet out from the web)
- You know what the UI/UX initials stand for and you love drafting concepts
for projects like websites and web/mobile applications on paper, whiteboard, any wireframe or design tool, or even your palm
- You know what a CMS is and have previously worked with one, like DjangoCMS/Wordpress/Drupal/Joomla/Magento/other open source CMS with more than a million
downloads; for building a (preferably) commercial project
- You have used any of the following scripting languages/frameworks for writing something with at least a few thousand lines of code: PHP, Python, Ruby, BackboneJS, AngularJS, EmberJS, ReactJS, other JS framework that popped up after this
announcement went live; (Beware, we are going to ask to see examples of that code!)
- You write scripts in Python, have at least went through the Django intro tutorial and you also think this is better than pure magic!
- You know how to build REST APIs using Node/Django/Ruby/Phoenix/Laravel/other web framework of choice excluding anything that runs on plain old PHP;.
The Icing on the Cake
- You can work under pressure when needed to (Not constantly, but every now and then)
- You understand what responsibility is, and you are not afraid are willing to do what it takes to deliver when your team needs you to
- You smile more than 10% of the time during your daily human interactions
- You have a strong opinion whether you should use a Windows PC or a Mac to do your job and you believe you can convince us towards it
- Going out for beers with your team is something you wouldn't consider 'work hours' but rather a good opportunity to bond and have fun with them
We would like to see (not mandatory though)
- A university degree on an associated field isn't mandatory although having one might
be considered a plus (At the end of the day, we only want you to get the job done, with papers or not)
- Hands-on experience on any of the above for at least a year
- A nicely lit-up Github account :)
- LinkedIn/Facebook/Twitter profiles (we are techies after all, and web is our domain)
What you give:
- Your time (obviously)
- Your love to the work that you do
What we give:
- A competitive salary based on past experience and knowledge
- Remote work (and also office space)
- Flexible working hours
- A fun working environment
- Freshly brewed coffee
- Personal growth opportunities
To apply for the job, send your CV at email@example.com